Morocco’s proactive measures, particularly the state of health emergency, have enabled it to “avoid the worst and keep the situation under control,” health minister Khalid Ait Taleb said.
“The situation remains under control today thanks to the proactive measures adopted on High Royal Instructions and the total commitment of the various players,” said the minister in a statement.
Ait Taleb, who reported 135 new nationally confirmed cases and 2990 cases in total, cited in particular the anticipation of a state of health emergency and the mandatory wearing of protective masks.
“These are measures that we are called upon today to strengthen and enhance if we want to arrive at the right port,” launched the government official.
Here are the main points of the statement, in which he gave an update on the epidemiological situation of the coronavirus in Morocco:
– 135 new nationally confirmed cases and 2990 cases in total;
– The proactive measures taken helped avoid the worst and keep the situation under control;
– Measures that we are called to strengthen and enhance if we want to arrive at the right port;
– The minister pleads for full respect for the measures of the state of health emergency extended until May 20 so as to prevent any retreat in the fight against the coronavirus.
– Tribute paid to all stakeholders, especially medical executives, local authorities and the Royal Gendarmerie.
– Everyone is asked to show patience and solidarity in order to come to grips with the epidemic.
– The Kingdom has registered a total of 340 healings and 143 cases of death to date.