The trial of the accused in the case of the murder of the two Scandinavian tourists in the Imlil region, Al Haouz province, will begin tomorrow on August 28.
The Criminal Chamber in charge of terrorism cases at the annex of the Court of Appeal in Salé delivered sentences on Thursday, July 18, ranging from five years in prison to death sentence against them.
The three main defendants, Abdessamad El Joud, Younes Ouziad and Rachid Afati, had been sentenced to death. As for Abderrahmane Khayali, he was sentenced to life imprisonment.
In addition, a sentence of 30 years of hard imprisonment had been pronounced against Nouredine Belaabed, Hicham Nazih and Khmayej Abdelkebir and 25 years in prison for Abdellatif Driouch, Hamid Ait Hmed, Abdelghani Chaati and Aaqel Zeghari.
The Criminal Chamber also sentenced to 20 years in prison Said Toufiq, Amine Dimane, Abdelaziz Feriat and the accused carrying dual Swiss-Spanish nationality, Kevin Zoller Guervos.
Similarly, Ayoub Chellaoui was sentenced to 18 years in prison and Bachid Driouch, Rachid Ouali, Mohamed Chakor and Abdeslam Idriss, 15 years in prison.
Mohamed Salah, Nouredine Khili, Said Khiyali and Abdellah Ouafi were sentenced, respectively, to 12 years in prison, 8 years in prison with a fine of MAD 10,000, 6 years in prison and 5 years in prison.
The Court also declared the application against the Moroccan State in the person of the head of the Government and the judicial officer of the Kingdom inadmissible.
It had also sentenced the four leading defendants, Abdessamad El Joud, Younes Ouziad, Rachid Afati and Abderrahmane Khayali, to jointly pay 2 million dirhams as compensation for the civil party.
Recall that the defendants were being prosecuted for “forming a band to prepare and commit terrorist acts, harming the lives of people with premeditation, possessing firearms and attempting to manufacture explosives in violation of the law, in the framework of a collective project aimed at seriously damaging public order”.