Home / Sport / Maurizio Sarri: Too little, 100 million pounds for Hazard

Maurizio Sarri: Too little, 100 million pounds for Hazard

Chelsea coach Maurizio Sarri has estimated that 100 million pounds (117 million euros), the sum evoked by the press that would be ready to pay Real Madrid for Eden Hazard, it was “too little”, Monday evening of success against West Ham in the Premier League, but that it would be “not easy” to retain his pearl of attack.

“It’s (100 M pounds) too little in this market! I’m sure the club does not want to sell it, but we’ll all, I think, have to respect its decision,” said Sarri, after a win (2- 0) which propels Chelsea to 3rd place in the Premier League.

Before adding, a bit fatalistic: “He enters his last year of contract, and if he wants to live a new experience, we must respect his decision.We will do everything to convince him (to stay), but it does not will not be easy.”

The technician then stressed that “it is impossible at the moment to find another Hazard”. “Today, there is no other Hazard, so high is its level,” said Sarri about the Belgian striker, who recently celebrated his 100th national team selection at age 28.

The man, who scored twice against West Ham, said he was focused until the end of the season on the club’s two sports goals.

“I want us to finish in the first four (the first 4 qualified in the Champions League, ed) and do the best possible in the Europa League”, where Chelsea faces Slavia Prague in the quarter-finals on Thursday, he declares.

Hazard has so far refused to extend with Chelsea his contract, which expires in June 2020, and did not hide his desire to join the prestigious Real Madrid one day.

But despite the risk that he will leave free in a year, the Blues may want to retain him while they were sanctioned with a recruitment ban until the end of January 2020. Zinedine Zidane, again coach of the Merengue, has not hide his admiration for the player. “It’s a player who played in France, I watched a lot and I personally know (…) It’s a fantastic player,” said last Friday the French technician, who was not pronounced on a possible offensive of the Real with regard to the Belgian this summer.

“I will not give my personal opinion, we will talk about it at the end of this season or the beginning of the next,” he said.

Check Also

Mohamed Ihattaren chooses the dutch national team

The 17-year-old Dutch-Moroccan prodigy Mohamed Ihattaren opted for De Oranjes on Sunday. It is likely …

Leave a Reply