Moroccan police said Tuesday they dismantled a new network operating in the organization of illegal immigration.
During a police raid in the city of Sale, near the capital Rabat, two people aged 35 and 39 were arrested for alleged involvement in the organization of illegal migration operations, the police said in a statement.
Police also arrested eight people suspected of illegal immigration, the statement added, noting that three cars used in the illegal operations were also seized.
Morocco experienced a significant increase in illegal immigration attempts last year.
According to the Moroccan Interior Ministry, the authorities thwarted more than 76,000 illegal immigration attempts between January and November 2018.
During the same period, the country also dismantled 174 illegal immigration networks, compared to 70 in 2017.