Morocco officially launches, alongside the kingdom’s participation in Expo 2020 Dubai, its investment and export brand: Morocco Now.
This initiative aims to promote Morocco as a leading industrial and exporting platform in order to accelerate foreign investments.
In fact, over the past 20 years, under the leadership of His Majesty King Mohammed VI May God Preserve Him, Morocco has acquired first-class trade and transport infrastructure and has definitely registered on the industrial take-off route:
– Tanger Med, 1st maritime connection in Africa and the Mediterranean and the 20th worldwide
– The automotive cluster is experiencing the fastest growth in the world, contributing strongly to the growth of Moroccan exports which increased by more than 150 billion MAD between 2010 and 2019.
At the same time, the world economy is facing rapid changes causing new requirements for economic players:
– The environmental emergency, consumer pressure and new regulations make it essential to adopt low-carbon production
– The Covid crisis has led to a reorganization of global value chains towards less global dependence and more regional integration.
In this context, Morocco Now is the future-proof industrial platform to seize the opportunities of a changing world. It is based on a successful experience of economic transformation making Morocco a reliable destination with high investment and export potential.
Morocco Now highlights 4 distinctive assets:
- NOW Sustainable: thanks to visionary investments, renewable energies represent 37% of the energy mix in 2020, with a target of 52% by 2030 and an installed capacity of 4GW in 2021
- NOW competitive, thanks to a “Best Cost” offer at competitive production and export costs, thanks to privileged access to more than 1 billion consumers through 54 free trade agreements and constituting an immediate gateway allowing integrate into Africa’s rapid growth potential
- NOW guarantee of success, through a successful track record in the implementation of foreign investments in highly strategic and technical sectors of global industry, and the realization of mega infrastructure projects, focusing on skills development of his youth
- NOW agile, with a remarkable capacity for adaptation written in Morocco’s DNA illustrated in the management of the COVID crisis through the rapid reallocation of industrial tools to health equipment or the effective deployment of vaccination, thus opening up the the way to a rapid recovery.
In a context of reorganization of value chains, we are delighted to present our new industrial brand to the world, which reflects Morocco’s dynamism and economic competitiveness. The Moroccan delegation that came to present this new identity confirms the mobilization and commitment of all public and private stakeholders for the success and sustainability of our national brand of investment and export.
Recall that with the implementation of the “new development model”, the kingdom is drawing up a clear roadmap for its development in the years to come. This new strategy now confirms the economic advances of Morocco, a true industrial platform to the test of the future. The appointment of a new pro-business government marks the continuation of this economic and industrial dynamic. This is to ensure the necessary synergies in a pragmatic approach, paving the way for competitive, proactive and sustainable investment.